Presently, the main activities of JAS include the following:
- Publishing a bimonthly magazine STANDUP.
- Publishing the Japanese Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, a professional journal in Japanese with English abstracts four times a year.
- Holding an annual convention in June.
JAS Annual Convention 2017
Dates: June 23-24, 2017
Venue: Kunibiki Messe (Shimane Prefectural Convention Center)
Matsue City in Shimane Prefecture
Convention Website: http://jaslht2017.jp/ (in Japanese only)
＊All the papers and talks are presented in Japanese only.
- Delivering professional workshops and seminars. JAS provides continuing education programs to meet the needs of professionals from time to time in different regions of Japan.
- Conducting research on professional issues.
- Celebrating "Speech and Hearing Day" on and around September 1, conducting various public relation activities across the country in collaboration with prefectural organizations of speech-language-hearing therapists.